Thursday, June 19, 2008

No wonder Jack got a 22 on his 3rd golf tournament!

Grammie cracks me up! She took Jack to his 3rd golf tournament at Tee Time on Tues, June 17, 2008. He got a 24 on his first tournament at Wesselmans, but cut his score in half on his second tournament at Tee Time with a 12!!! Well, we were kind'of puzzled when he got a 22 on his 3rd tournament, but figured he just didn't try too hard and Grammie didn't remind him to take practice swings and tell him what clubs to tell him to use.

Well, Jack told us when he got home that he hit it the wrong direction on the 3rd hole, so we were beginning to see what went wrong… Then I get this email from Grammie today:

The people at the golf course knew Jack from the time before, when he won the trophy, and were bragging about what a good golfer he is. They all remarked how good his swing is. He would have done better, I'm sure, had you or Greg been there to help him. I will know better next time, and we WILL win a trophy. Plus, don't say anything, but I think the other parents were cheating on the score because I counted every swing, and noticed that they counted only the swings that the kids made contact with. But, of course, I didn't want to say anything to anyone.

She cracks me up! Of course you don't have to count every swing! There's no telling what score Jack really got, but all that really matters is that he had fun and he did. He was very excited about spending the day with Grammie and doing all kinds of crazy things.

Grammie, we love you!!!

No comments: