Thursday, January 4, 2007

Let the blogging begin!

Well, I guess it's about time. I've been a part of the Internet community for almost 12 years now (here's the proof) but I'm just now getting a blog. I've always liked the idea of a semi-daily diary, but like most tech. things, wasn't one of the early adopters of blogging, so I kind'of resisted it. Very similar to the whole Texas Hold'em phenomenon. My buddies and I have been playing poker since Freshman year in high school (almost 20 years) but we never played Hold'em, so we rebelled in a way, figuring we knew more than all these new-comers. Now Hold'em is all we play!

Missy and I are leaving for Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow morning at 6:00am for a little mini-vacation. Marlena is keeping the kids so we know we can relax and enjoy ourselves. Missy's kind'of out of her element on this trip. We have rental car reservations, but that's it! No hotel reservations or anything else. We're just going to get down there and see what we can find! We're going to try and find the house Dad lived in after he graduated from high school. We already have a couple of addresses in Hollywood and some pictures of local landmarks like Dania Beach. The only things I remember about going down there as a kid are the canals behind the houses. I remember seeing an alligator swimming in someone's "backyard" and thought that was sooo cool! We're also going to drive down to South Beach and do a little sight-seeing. Should be interesting!

Anyway, I'll try to update this periodically with some thoughts. Maybe Jack or the girls will get a kick out of this some day.

- Jeff

No comments: