Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What a difference a day makes!

Today was MUCH better. I was so afraid he wouldn't try again today but was up and ready and excited. Yesterday, I called the bus driver and told him he needed to sit up front and that he was lost. The bus driver told me that he makes 2 stops...the first one is for the older kids (that's the one Jack got off at yesterday) and then the second one for Kindergarteners, 1st and 2nd graders so Jack got off at the wrong spot. I told him if Jack hadn't been in the back of the bus with the big kids then he wouldn't have followed them out! I told Jack all that and then we went down the street last night and knocked on some doors and introduced Jack to a couple little kids that ride the bus so he would know someone. So, this morning, he was ready to go and we waited at the end of the driveway. I was praying he wouldn't start crying and say NO! As I got him on the bus, the driver had saved the front row for him and he said "Is this right Mommy?" I said yes. I then met him at school and saw them stop at the 1st stop and then pull up to the 2nd stop and I waited right there. He came running full speed off the bus yelling "Mommy, I did it!". I was so relieved and proud of him. I told him to now take me to his class since I won't be there tomorrow. He slowly walked in that direction looking at every door and when he found the Kindergarten area, he got so excited and started giggling. He was so proud of himself and it made my day!

When I picked him up today, he said "Mom, you need to just go straight to work tomorrow and tell Grandma not to meet me at school!". He's all grown up now!

No comments: