Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We're voting tonight!!!

We're taking the kids to the library tonight and voting early for the first time in our lives. I think this is probably the most important election in my life and I feel very, very, VERY strongly that we need the change that Barack Obama will bring to the White House. Our economy is on the verge of probably the worst depression since the Great Depression, our dollar is at historic lows, inflation is out of control, and we've got to do something to stop the bleeding of $10 Billion per month for the war in Iraq. I honestly think we'll be better off with either candidate than we were with George W. Bush, but I just feel like our family will be better off with a Democrat in the office, so I'm voting for Barack. Missy doesn't follow politics as closely as I do and doesn't feel as strongly as I do, so she may not agree with me and that's fine. I know she likes Sarah Palin, so she may vote for McCain. Either way, we hope to teach the kids that voting is an important part of Democracy by taking them with us and letting them watch us vote.

No comments: