Monday, September 29, 2008

Whew! What a weekend!

I worked non-stop from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening and I think I got more yard work done this weekend than ever before, so I wanted to capture it so I don't forget how much I can do if I set my mind to it! Here's what I did this weekend:
  • Cleaned all of the leaves out of the pool in preparation for closing in tomorrow
  • Went to Home Depot with Mike Coomes to rent an aerator
  • Went to Rural King to get some straw
  • Cut the grass (Missy trimmed)
  • Coached Jack's game at noon on Saturday
  • Aerated the whole yard
  • Over-seeded the whole yard
  • Used the aerator to till up the dirt behind the pool by the new vinyl fence
  • Raked the dirt to loosen it up
  • Spread seeds over the dirt
  • Spread straw over the seeds
  • Watered the seeds twice each day
  • Winterized the jet ski and took it to Blake's for winter storage
  • Cleaned up all the leaves behind the house
  • Tried to fix the leaking faucet behind the house but couldn't so I tightened it which seemed to help
  • Trimmed all the bushes around the house and tried to remove most of the leaves so they wouldn't fall off into the landscaping rocks
  • Trimmed the little evergreen tree in the back (first time I've ever trimmed it!)
  • Cut down the annual landscaping behind the pool
  • Went to Home Depot and bought the tools I needed to fix the roof
  • Fixed 4 broken shingles on the roof from the hurricane Ike wind storm (that was FREEKIN SCARY!!!)

No comments: