Saturday, June 18, 2011

Letter to Grammie (Day 1 of our RV trip)

Here's an email I just sent to my Mom about our first day on our RV trip:

Hi Mom. Well, our first full day is done and we're having a blast! We got here much later than we wanted last night, so we didn't get to do much other than setup and eat dinner, but we got up early this morning and headed to Cedar Point about 10:00am. That place was awesome! Jack rode his very first and second roller coasters today. It was a gorgeous day too. Party sunny and about 70 degrees all day. We only saw about half of the park so we really could spend another whole day here, but we're heading to Niagara Falls in the morning. This RV is much slower than we thought it would be so we're going to get an early start so we can get there in time to do some stuff tomorrow. We planned on a 4-5 hour drive, but I bet it take a couple more than that. The kids were wonderful today. They are the perfect age for this stuff. Poor Abby wants to ride everything but still isn't tall enough (48 inches) and even though Ally is over 48", she doesn't want to ride anything so it works out pretty good. Jack is still pretty timid. He finally agreed to ride what he thought was the smallest roller coaster in the park, but after it was done, we realized it wasn't the one he thought it was so he was pretty proud of himself. That gave him the courage to ride an even bigger one (the Iron Dragon). He liked that one so much we rode it twice! I must be getting too old b/c I'm a little dizzy and nauseous when I get off one of those, but I'm able to recover in 20 min. or so. This campsite we're at is awesome too. We've been riding bikes, playing pool, playing shuffleboard, and they have this big thing called a bouncy pillow. It looks like a big pillow, but it's filled with air and the kids can jump on it. I've never seen anything like it. I'd send some pictures, but things are very cramped in this RV and the kids have been using my laptop to watch movies so I haven't had a chance to get the pictures off of my camera yet. But I took a ton today and think I got some good ones. Well I better get to bed. I'll try to write more tomorrow and send some pictures too.

Love you!
Jeff

No comments: