Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Abby cracks me up

This happened while we were camping at Lincoln State Park on June 9th, but again, I suck and am just now posting this.  There was this huge section of Amish people camping and they were taking up 3-4 sites.  I don't think I've ever seen Amish people camping so it was very strange to see the women with their hats and dresses and all the men with their hats and beards.  I took the kids on a walk to the lake and we walked right in front of their campgrounds.  There were about 30-40 of them sitting in a big circle with one guy in the middle reading from a book.  We couldn't hear what he was saying but they were all very quiet and he was the only one talking so I figured they were doing some kind of church service.  The kids asked what they were doing and I whispered, "I'm not sure, but I think they are in church."  Well, Abby speaks up in her loud little voice and says, "I know what they're doing Daddy.  They're eating turkey!!!"  Of course they all heard her and looked over at us and it took me a minute to figure out what she meant, but then it dawned on me...  She thought they were Pilgrims! 

That girl cracks me up!

No comments: