Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Jack probably had the best game of his life on Sat!

This happened on Sat. June 9th and I'm just now getting to post it.  I know, I suck.  Better late than never I guess:

Jack probably had the best game of his life on Sat!

Unfortunately, it happened when NO ONE was there!  :)  We were camping so it was too complicated to pick up Mom and Gary and Marlena stayed at the campground with the girls, so the only witnesses were Missy and I.  It was the first game of the tournament and I think the score ended up being 14-8 (we won).  I won't bore you all with the details, but here are the highlights.

- Starting pitcher for 2 innings.  They got plenty of hits, but he struck out several batters and no runs scored.
- Second inning, he struck out the first 2 batters and then the third batter hit a grounder and he scooped it up and threw it to 1st and got him out!  3 up - 3 down!!
- Got up 3 times: 2 doubles and a triple!
- Had his best game ever at SS.  He tagged a runner trying to steal 2nd.  They hit a very hard ball right up the middle and he ran over and scooped it up then threw the runner out at 1st (running the whole time!)  They had a runner on 2nd that was getting way off the base after every pitch so the pitcher threw the ball to Jack at 2nd and they had him in a pickle.  Our 3rd baseman isn't very good so Jack decided to chase the kid down.  I've never seen that boy run so fast!  He kicked it into high gear and tagged the boy out about 3 feet from 3rd base!  Poor guy needed oxygen after that, but it was very exciting.

He usually has small moments of greatness at every game (especially to his Dad), but almost always makes a couple of silly mistakes, and can't get everything working at the same time.  He made absolutely no mistakes at all on Sat.  I even had 2 or 3 parents tell me how well Jack played and that hardly ever happens.  I usually wonder if he deserves to be on the 9U "A" all-star team, but Sat. was one of those games where I felt like he DEFINITELY deserves it.

No comments: